Saigon Silicon City – Hi-tech Park, March 2017
Vision and mission
As one of three National Hi-Tech Parks of Vietnam, established by Prime Minister, Saigon Hi-Tech Park (SHTP) has been developing strongly with a vision to become a technology and science city that will greatly enhance the economic, technological, and intellectual base of Ho Chi Minh City and the Southern Economic Region of Vietnam and that will ultimately serve as a model for Vietnam technological innovation, intellectual capital development, and innovation economy. The vision was materialized into the following mission:
01. Create a business-oriented, financially and technologically favorable environment to attract foreign investment in high technologies.
02. Enable Vietnam to "leapfrog" into strategic high-technology sectors
03. Enable the development/ acceleration of the high-tech supporting sectors in Vietnam.
04. Facilitate the transfer of technology to targeted industries and domestic companies.
05. Accelerate and sustain the economic development of HCMC and the Southern Economic Region of Vietnam directly, and ultimately Vietnam.
Accelerate and sustain the economic development of HCMC and the Southern Economic Region of Vietnam directly, and ultimately Vietnam.
Located right at the Eastern gate of Ho Chi Minh City, SHTP together with the National University, Ho Chi Minh City Nationality History and Culture Park enjoys the advantage of its strategic location with two major National Highways which are Hanoi Highway (connecting the North - South) and Asian Highway (connecting HCMC - Phnom Penh - Bangkok), Ho Chi Minh City - Long Thanh - Dau Giay Highway, and the first metro route connecting the city center with SHTP. With this position, SHTP has the development advantage to become a "science and technology urban", which is the heart and science and technology leading of both Ho Chi Minh City and Vietnam.
On a total area of 913ha, SHTP now completely builds of 300 ha and is currently finalizing the infrastructure for the remaining 613 ha.